Sunday, October 11, 2009


My 1st Entry-It's a Go--Hello!
Hi y'all. This is my very first post! A friend at church suggested that I should have a blog. I took her advice and well here we are. I enjoy retro art, like the image above of Dick, Jane, and Sally. Remember them? I also enjoy decoupaging. I recently made a fabulous retro art water can. It was made with retro food labels and ads from the 1920's to the 1960's. I believe I found one that was from the late 1800's. I also *enjoy* making homemade bath and beauty goods. I will post lots of recipes here for y'all. They're really simple and make great gifts.
It's Sunday, and the weather outside is gray, chilly, and yeah good sleeping weather. Raymond and I went to Wagoner, OK yesterday and watched Jenna perform in her play for district competition. She was awarded 2nd best actor of the entire competition. She is so gifted and talented. Her portrayal of a young girl in an abusive relationship was intense. I wanted to go and mama-slam the young man who portrayed the abuser, (hey that's my baby!), but it's "just acting mom" as Jenna would say.
Later we drove to Chouteau, OK, and had dinner at the Dutch Pantry. It's an Amish Restaurant, and the food was delish! However, it's been years since I've eaten there, and the decor is sadly in need of updating. The curtains looked faded, and the walls definitely needed a fresh coat of paint (just sayin). I had the chicken and noodles and Raymond had 2 plates of everything (including dessert). Pops can't pass up a buffet. God love em'. Well I'm off to clean la casa and to get ready for the work day tomorrow. Mondays are always *interesting*!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy!!! Thanks for coming by my blog.

    Welcome to blogland. I trust you will find it as wonderful and fulfilling as I have. I've been blogging for 2 years and 8 months and have made so many wonderful friends all over. The Lord has allowed me to met 9 wonderful blog friends from all over the country (one a missionary in So Africa).

    I look forward to participating with you in the drams's and your performances were a big part in my speaking to Bobby about becoming a part of this.

    We live at such a wonderful time and God is doing so very much among us and with us and I just look forward to each new day to see what He has for us next!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! Thanks for the great comment! This is sooo exciting! Have a great evening!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete